Last updated 28/04/2022
When we process your personal data, such data is:
(i) Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
(ii) Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
(iii) Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
(iv) Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step is taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay.
(v) Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects only for the period necessary for the purposes for which their personal data are processed.
(vi) Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
How do we use the personal data we collect?
We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- When you purchase a product from our website, we ask you for the personal data necessary to allow us to fulfil our contract with you including taking payment, any related anti-fraud checks if you choose to pay by credit/debit card, billing, shipping and delivery of the product and possible handling of the return.
- When you visit our website, we will collect the minimum personal data necessary to allow us to provide you with the services of the website, such as placing and holding items in your shopping bag.
- When you visit our website, we will use some data about your use of the website to help us improve the website and our promotion of the website. This will include data about how you came to the website; the date and time of your visit; products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction data (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- When you register on our website we will collect the data necessary to ensure that we can recognize you on return visits and provide you with the services registration offers, such as creating a wish list . If you would prefer not to continue receiving these emails, you can unsubscribe at any time using the link on the bottom of the email, or by contacting our customer care team.
- When you sign up for our marketing communications, we will ask you for your email address. If you would prefer not to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe at any time using the link on the bottom of the email, or by contacting our customer care team.
- If you have purchased from our website , we will use the personal data we hold about you, including your purchase history, to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you. This contact will normally be via email, but in certain circumstances we may contact you via other methods e.g. We may call you if an item we know you have been eager to purchase comes back into stock. If you would prefer not to be contacted in this way, you can unsubscribe from emails at any time using the link on the bottom of the email, or update your contact preferences on our website or by contacting our customer care team.
- When you contact our customer care team, we will use the personal data you provide and that we have collected to respond to your requests for help or information.
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
Your personal data is used only for the purposes for which we collected it, unless there are reasonable ground for using them for any other reason which is compatible with the original purpose. We process your personal data for the purposes mentioned above on the following basis:
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.
- Processing is necessary for entering or performance of our contract. You provide a billing address and email address when your purchase an item from our website so that we can process your payment and send you your order confirmation.
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests, e.g. To ensure that the content of our website is presented to you and your device as effectively as possible, or to ensure that our marketing communications are relevant to your interests. If this is our reason for using your data, we must make sure that our interests do not override yours and you are entitled to object to this use of your data.
- Processing is based on your consent. Insofar as you have granted us your consent for processing, the lawfulness of processing is based on your consent. You are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time.
What are your rights
- Right to access. You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. Such additional information includes inter-alia, details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the categories of recipients of the personal data. The right to obtain a copy of your data shall not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to request rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data concerning You. You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about You completed.
- Right to erasure. You have the right to request erasure of personal data, where one of the following grounds applies:
- Personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- You withdraw your consent on which the processing is based and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- You object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or you object to processing for direct marketing purposes;
- Personal data has been unlawfully processed;
- Personal data must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation.
The above shall not apply where processing is necessary (i) for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; (ii) for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by a law to which we are subject; and (iii) for reasons of public interest; or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to restriction of processing. You have the right to obtain restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
- The processing is unlawful, and you oppose the erasure of such data and you request the restriction of their use instead.
- We no longer need the personal data for the purposes of processing, but you require their retention for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- You have objected to processing on the grounds of our legitimate interests, until we verify whether the grounds on which we process your information override Your rights and freedoms.
Where processing has been restricted on the basis of the above, we will continue to store Your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it (i) with Your consent; (ii) for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; (iii) for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or (iv) for reasons of important public interest.
Right to portability. You have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit this data to another organization and/or request that we do it for You, provided that:
- The processing is based on your consent, or on a performance or conclusion of a contract.
- Processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, at any time and for reasons related to your particular situation where the legal basis on which the processing activity is based is our legitimate interests. Should you exercise this right, we will no longer process the personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override Your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. Where You have objected to processing for direct marketing purposes we shall no longer process Your personal data for such purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent. Where the processing is based on your written consent you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is consent (as and where applicable), You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
Right to lodge a complaint. You can contact us for any personal data related matters in the details mentioned above. In case you are not satisfied or still have concerns you may file a complaint with the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection. You can find out on their website how to submit a complaint.
( http://www.dataprotection.gov.cy/dataprotection/dataprotection.nsf/page1i_gr/page1i_gr?opendocument )
How Long We Retain Your Data For?
We will retain your personal data for a period necessary to fulfil the purposes listed above, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by the applicable law.
All information provided by you to us is stored on secure servers and we use appropriate organisational, technical and administrative measures to protect your personal data. Once your information is received, we use strict procedures and security features to prevent any unauthorised access. However, please note that no transmission of information via the internet is completely secure and no storage system is guaranteed to be entirely secure. If you have any reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us immediately.
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. If the changes are substantial, we may notify you of changes to this Policy by email.
Further information and/or queries and/or requests regarding the processing of your personal data and any of your rights in respect to your personal data, can be requested by contacting us in writing as follows:
By email: email@example.com